Meitheal Mara is looking for a part-time Caretaker (14 hours/week, mornings). The position is funded under the Community Services Programme of the Department of Rural and Community Development and limited to applicants from the Government Employment Target Groups listed on the next page.
Meitheal Mara’s premises include a workshop, boat yard, offices, training room, canteen and indoor and outdoor storage spaces. The Caretaker will help to ensure that the premises are clean and well-maintained and provide a safe and welcoming environment for Meitheal Mara staff, participants, learners, volunteers and visitors. The Caretaker must have the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative. They will have a positive, energetic approach to their work and get on well with people from
a wide range of backgrounds. Duties include keeping the boat yard and office premises clean and tidy; managing waste and recycling collections; maintenance, repair and odd job work; replenishing stocks of canteen, toilet and other supplies and other general duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An organised and systematic approach
• Basic DIY skills and a good understanding of maintenance procedures
• An interest in working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• The ability to use own initiative and come up with solutions
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks as well as jointly with others in the Meitheal Mara team
• An understanding of safe working procedures and precautions
• The physical ability to carry out the duties required safely
• Be motivated by the community development ethos of Meitheal Mara
• Experience working in a similar caretaking role and/or related experience in building maintenance, cleaning or painting/decorating would be useful.
The gross rate of pay is €193 per week (under review).
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 13th December, 2023. Applications including a
CV may be sent to Recruitment Manager, Meitheal Mara, Crosses Green House, Crosses
Green, Cork or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meitheal Mara is an equal opportunities employer.